Fabulous on its own, cut into segments or slices, or as a pizza base.
1/2 a large head of CAULIFLOWER.
1/2 tsp of DRIED HERBS. Any one (or combination) of Italian, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary
SALT to season (a good shake or two)
2 or 3 GARLIC cloves (crushed), depending on how much you like the stuff (I LOVE IT).
1/4 cup of CHEESE (any variety will do, something soft like Mozzarella or Colby is great)
- Preheat oven to 230°C/ 450°F
- Line oven tray (any shape will work) with baking paper
- Blitz CAULIFLOWER in food processor until it resembles rice grains
- Heat in microwave for 7.5 minutes
- Leave to cool for a few minutes, or spread out on a plate for faster temperature reduction
- Cut cheesecloth square (or use a tea towel at a push) and squeeze out any moisture you can. Be brutal
- In a bowl whisk or beat the EGG
- Add ALL OTHER INGREDIENTS to bowl
- Mix/ knead together with your hands (take off your rings first unless you want to smell garlic for days!)
- Scrape out mixture onto the lined tray and push/pat into desired shape, aiming for around 5mm thickness
- Cook for 15-20 mins until it looks good and brown and you can no longer handle waiting because it smells SO DAMN GOOD
- Eat it as garlic bread, or add toppings and pop under the GRILL to make a yummy pizza
It’s not strictly Paleo given the small amount of dairy in it, but hey, I can live with a little bit of cheese. If you wanted to be slightly more staunch, perhaps add an extra egg and something to bind it like 1/4 cup of coconut flour?
This is excellent cold, so keep those leftovers in the fridge.